Sustainability and environment
Instilling love and respect for nature is a task we must begin to work with our children from an early age. It is known that it is in childhood that environmental awareness and care is developed. That is why we must help the youngest members of the household to understand the importance of conserving the plants, animals, habitats and all the resources that nature provides us with.
The following games will help children to become interested in the conservation and care of the environment.
My planet and its energy
Eco-puzzles: let’s save the planet!
Enjoy the seasons of the year!
Natudomino animals in extinction
Natudomino wonders of nature
Natudomino zoom in on animals
Separating and recycling
Maxi-sequences: why do we recycle?
Taking care of the earth: recycling and saving energy
Good behaviour: the environment
Taking care of the earth: saving water
Puppets: the recycling process
The 3 Rs: Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
Teaches environmental education
From a very early age, children learn to distinguish animals, plants, trees... and their curiosity drives them to ask about the origin of all of them. That is why we must teach them from an early age to care for and respect nature and the environment.
It is vital to learn from childhood to appreciate natural resources, to value them and to know how to ration them in order to ensure their maximum continuity. In this sense, from Akros we offer a series of products that show us simple habits that we can put into practice at home, learning, from an early age, the great importance of saving water and energy, as well as the benefits we obtain from recycling.
Teaching children what we can do to care for the environment
Some guidelines for parents:
- Teach by example. Children imitate what they see at home. Let your little one see you recycle and teach them to collaborate with you.
- Discover for the child the life forms that exist in their own environment: trees, insects, birds and any other manifestation of nature. In the green spaces near your home, your child can learn to enjoy and appreciate that healthy environment. Show him the bad news too: let your child know about the effects of pollution on his environment.
- That the child understands the contribution of cleaning and gardening professionals to the care of the natural environment in cities.
- Does your city have a Natural Science Museum? Visit him with him, don't expect the school to schedule a visit from the students.
- Educational use of television. He chooses for himself the programming of documentaries about nature and climate.
Some guidelines for children:
From an early age, they can begin to practice and internalize a number of positive behavioral habits:
- Do not soil your environment, no matter if it is natural or urban. Garbage attracts more garbage.
- You should moderate your water consumption, from using the toilet to daily hygiene acts, such as turning off the tap while brushing your teeth.
- Learn not to harm plants or animals. They are the common heritage of all.
- Participate in recycling or reusing objects before thinking about throwing something away. It is essential that children learn the importance of recycling for the survival of our common environment.
- He must learn to approach the natural environment with respect. On the one hand, it must know its beauty and what it brings us and, on the other, its dangers, but without fear of it.
- If possible, the child can keep a small home garden or a pot to grow a plant.
- First-hand information: get to know the forests, farms and other natural environments.
Respect for the environment and values
The teaching of respect for the common heritage includes respect for objects for collective use in the home or school, and those for use by other people, such as parks and public buildings. Children must learn to avoid destructive behaviors, such as damaging or pulling plants out of gardens, or breaking toys or dirtying their environment.
The main examples that will reach the child are the behaviour of the adults in his family, especially the parents, and the environmental pedagogy should be based on them.
Within the pedagogy of respect, it is important for the child to understand that the natural environment is a common good that welcomes all humanity. That the natural environment begins at home and in the street and that they must be clean from their own bodies and clothes to the rivers and seas.
Games to love nature
Both nursery schools and schools, etc., use the different educational games to help them to inculcate the knowledge they want. In the case of environmental education resources, this will be a very simple way to learn basic and necessary concepts.
The combination of our environmental education resources together with excursions and outings to nature will help your child acquire a sensitivity to nature that is basic to his or her education.
Children generally like nature but teaching them why every tree, flower, grass, etc. is something they will be passionate about if we teach them through educational games on the environment.
Saving water, recycling, saving energy, taking care of nature, etc., are concepts that the sooner we teach them, the better and easier they will understand.
With nature toys you will learn important concepts such as ecology, recycling and how nature works. Without a doubt we must teach them to preserve nature as it will be their future and with our educational resources they will be able to have fun while they learn.
The education of the little ones in the house is very important, so Akros offers you the best selection of games so that they can acquire both academic knowledge and mathematics or develop values that will help them become better people in the future. If you want to save a little money, we recommend our sales section where you will find great prices.
Everything children learn when they are young will be marked forever, so we must take advantage of their greatest learning stage to teach them how to take care of the environment and do so through playful activities and environmental educational resources, which will help children pay more attention, understand concepts better and put their acquired knowledge into practice.
From Akros we try to contribute our experience and knowledge so that both children and teachers know how to use the best materials and make the most of them, learning to take care of the planet and knowing how to do it in the most appropriate way.
It is very important that children learn to save energy, to recycle and to understand what the consequences of doing or not doing so are, and from Akros we want to help facilitate the work of both parents and teachers, through these environmental education games, which include different learning techniques: cards, puppets and even small recycling containers, which will help them learn the best possible way, playing and having fun.