What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that are installed on your computer when you access a website. Cookies allow, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their computer and, depending on the information they contain and the way in which they use their computer, depending on the type of cookie and the information they collect, may be used to recognise the user.
Types of cookies
a) According to the entity that manages the cookies:
- Own Cookies: are those that are sent to the user's device or terminal from our computer or domain, and are managed by ourselves, as owners and editors of this website.
- Third party cookies: are those that are sent to the user's device or terminal from a computer or domain that is not managed by ourselves, but by a third party that will treat the information obtained through cookies.
b) According to the storage time:
- Session Cookies: are those that collect and store data when the user accesses the website and cease once the user leaves it.
- Persistent cookies: are those that have a fixed duration in time by the data controller. The shelf life can vary from a few minutes to several years. They are used to save and retrieve certain parameters each time the user visits the website.
c) According to its purpose:
- Technical Cookies: are those essential and strictly necessary for the proper functioning of the website and use of the different options or services we offer. For example, those used for session maintenance, response time management, performance or option validation, using security features, sharing content with social networks, etc.
- Personalization Cookies: these are cookies that allow the user to specify or customize certain features of the website. For example, set the language, regional settings or browser type.
- Analysis Cookies: these are cookies that allow us to track and analyse user behaviour on our website in order to create navigation profiles and to know the preferences of users. They are usually used to measure user activity with the aim of improving the service we offer based on the results we obtain. For example, an analytical cookie would control the geographic areas of greatest interest to a user, which is the most accepted product or service, etc.
- Advertising Cookies: are those that allow us to manage advertising space on websites.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: are those that allow the management of advertising spaces on our website. The function of these cookies is to store information about user behavior on our website, and then display personalized advertising.
What cookies do we use?
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service developed by Google Inc. to measure and analyze web page navigation. Your browser will display three (3) cookies from this service (__ga, __gat and _gid). According to the previous typology, these are own cookies, analysis and session cookies. You can find out more about this and disable the use of these cookies here.
Through web analytics no information is obtained about users' personal data, guaranteeing the protection of their privacy. The information obtained is the number of users who access the website, the number of pages viewed, the frequency and repetition of visits, their duration, the browser used, the operator providing the service, the language, the terminal used, or the city to which your IP address is assigned, information that enables a better and more appropriate service by this website.
How do I disable or delete cookies?
Below are links to information on how to activate your preferences in major browsers:
Setting cookies for Google Chrome
Cookies settings for Mozilla Firefox
Setting cookies for Internet Explorer